Need a Stereo Zoom microscope with high zoom range?
This scope comes complete with stand, transmitted and reflected illumination, both adjustable, trinocular head with 10X eyepieces and two photo tubes.
You get a high performance zoom scope with these special features:
- A zoom range of 9.2 covers 6.5X to 60X total magnification with standard 10X eyepiececes. Most important, this scope stays focussed, no need to continously refocus when changing the zoom factor. Just adjust focus at maximum magnification and have a focussed image throughout the range, right down to low magnification.
- The 10X eyepieces supplied have a field size of 23 mm, giving you a large field of view.
- Bright and even illumination, independently adjustable for transmitted and reflected light, gets the most out of the well designed optics.
- 6 positive click stops distributed over the whole zoom range allow for easy comparison with exact same magnification.
- Trinocular scope comes with 1X (no lens) tube for standard 23.2 mm dia trinocular tube. That will work with many low cost USB cameras. If you own a “C”-mount device then the included 0.5X ”C”-mount adapter (typically used with ½” CMOS or CCD sensors) makes installation easy..
- Standard accessories like clear and black/white stage plates, spare bulbs and dust cover are included.
- Optional accessories like 15X (FN15) and 20X (FN13) eyepieces and auxiliary lenses (0.5X, 0.75X, 1.5X, 2X) are readily available.
Since this Stereo Zoom Microscope shares some dimensions with other high end scopes there are plenty of additional upgrade options when accessories are not available from the scope supplier.
Magnification can be increased with 15X, 20X, 25X, 30X eyepieces and - with some reduction in working distance - with 1.5X and 2X auxiliary lenses. You can drive magnification to a maximum of 360X with 30X eyepieces and a 2X auxiliary lens. We tried that and the result is acceptable. The tradeoffs are:
- Reduced viewing field size with higher magnification eyepieces
- Darker image with less contrast
- Magnification does not keep up with resolution
These are problems effecting all stereo zoom scopes to some degree. Magnification of 150X or more is really the domain of compound scopes.
For some work you will need less magnification, 5X or 7.5X eyepieces are an option. Selecting auxiliary lenses below 1X (0.3X, 0.44X, 0.5X, 0.75X) reduces magnification as well. Most importantly, it increases working distance, to a maximum of 250 mm with a 0.3X lens. If you need to manually assemble some small item at the bottom of a 150 mm tall part you will need some 100 mm clearance to get in with your hands and tools, hence the availability of a maximum of 250 mm WD.
External illumination, for example with fluorescent / LED ringlights or fiberoptic light guides can enhance visibility and contrast for special applications.
Click thumbnail for more info and shopping cart.